Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rathiriyil Poothirukkum

Music has been an on and off thing until as recently as last year. A chance visit to Murali's blog and joining Bay Area's Telugu band, Aavakai, slowly started bringing back motivation to start singing again. An extreme amateur as far as singing is concerned, this is my first baby step into the audio-blogging world. With loads of encouragement coming from highly talented folks like Murali and Meera, I hope to continue to maintain and update this blog regularly with hopeful improvement over time...:)


My first attempt is this song, Raathiriyil Poothirukkum, sung with Meera. Being a telugu-speaking guy, I have a lot to work on with my Tamil pronunciation as Murali already pointed out to me.


Song: Raathiriyil poothirukkum
Movie: Thanga Magan
Composer: Ilayaraja
Singers: SPB and S Janaki
Perfromed by: Meera Manohar, Narayanan Raju

Broadband:



Dial-up:

12 comments:

Ramyaa Narayanan said...

One of my favorite songs of SPB and Janaki. You guys have done a good job.

Meera Manohar said...

Narayanan,

Welcome to the world of audioblogging :)

Keep posting more and an awesome song to start with!

Horseshoe said...

Awesome song and very well done, dude!

Murali Venkatraman said...

Welcome Narayana. Your presence will only boost the existing audio-blogging to a new level.

D said...

Great job Narayanan! Would love to listen to "Lali lali" from Swathimuthyam/Sipukkul Muthu by both of you sometime.

DR said...

Good job Narayanan. Can't believe ts you singing in tamil!!!

samurai said...

Great singing ra Nari - You should have done this long time back. I look forward to more updates here. Thanks.

RK said...

Good job..Both of you sound very good.
the brigas in the first line are just awesome....

Subha said...

Narayanan

You sound awesome for a debut in the audio blogging world. I have also been admired by bloggers like Meera,Murali and Sindhuja which made me create http://swarams.blogspot.com just 2 ays back. Pls visit to hear my debut rendition Mayil Pola Ponnu Onnu

Anonymous said...

Very nice looking forward for more songs sung by you...why dont you & Ramys do a duet

Psychuck said...

gotcha Narayanan...
all you chupe rustums...
you can run but you can't hide... ;-)
You should incorporate more songs... let me know how I can help.

FYI,
Meanwhile here's the link to our recent song:
http://tinyurl.com/cqlj2t

And here's the press release (one of them):
http://tinyurl.com/cody7k

Vijai said...

excellent performance!!
landing and feel are exact !!